Every game requires tact and skill for a specific player to be able to shine at the end of the day and soccer is no exception. Any time success is realized, it is as a result of what someone was willing to put in and giving their best to it. Learning a few tips about succeeding as a soccer player is important and this can be learnt in various ways and environments which include the field. Below are some of the tips for success in the field;
Shooting tips in Soccer
- Ensure that you retain your composure in the field. Anger or frustration has caused some individuals to lose their temper whilst in the field and may have ended badly. Hence, you need to keep a cool head no matter the situation at hand.
- Identify the best way to make your shot and this requires some bit of thinking and calculation all at once.
- You need to be focused whenever you are striking. Any loss of concentration/distraction in this case will cause you to miss great chances which might cost the team dearly.
- Ensure that your contact with the ball is restricted to the middle and top half.
- Check whether the goalkeeper has left any spaces around them that you can capitalize on.
Scoring Chances Tips
- Do not shoot directly on the keeper but it should rather be across them. This is meant to make it much more difficult for him to handle the ball or in other cases the ball may be directed to a different player.
- Do not shoot high but get to shoot wide which may tend to wrong-foot the keeper since the ball may tend to turn in some way to another direction.
- Use low shots – most of the balls in the air may be caught easily as compared to low-rolling balls. This is a strategy that can be employed to get past the defense and through to the back of the net.
Adhering to these tips will most likely see you find your way to the back of the net and will most probably increase the chances of scoring most of the time. With constant practice and perfection in these areas, success in the field becomes almost inevitable. It is for this reason that training is important to work on these tips thoroughly.
Other tips for success are coded in finding that one place which seems to be the most appropriate to help you find the back of the net almost every other time. According to a research that had been conducted results found revealed that these spots are as follows;
- At the top right you have a 5% chance.
- At the top left you have an 8% chance.
- At the top center you have a 4% chance.
Research also indicates that up to 62% of goals are scored when the ball is low and an estimated 67% goals are scored when the ball is shot at the corners while those that were made when the ball was down at the middle were only 33%. These statistics have been found to work in most cases and it would be worthwhile for you to take note of these and put them to practice.
It is believed that the other factor that contributes to scoring goals is seizing the opportunity immediately you see it without wasting any. This particular point has been overlooked by many which have caused them to lose precious moments as far as scouring is concerned. This factor is part of the tips for success and it has been viewed as a major one. It needs to be brought to the attention of all players frequently.